Like all events these days, Denver Startup Week is going virtual and Foundry is excited to participate this year in a variety of ways.
For our 4th year in a row, we are proud to co-host the Pledge 1% Colorado Nonprofit Pitch Contest celebrating Impact + Innovation in our community on September 16 at 3pm MT. This event was created to shine the Startup Week spotlight on Nonprofits in the front range and to get them plugged in and connected to the Boulder/Denver Startup Community. The event has facilitated $100k+ in grants to nonprofits over the past three years and generated awareness in the startup community about the great work they are doing. Thanks to the Knight Foundation and Anchor Point Foundation for supporting this event from year one!
You can learn more and RSVP to attend and see the nonprofits pitch here. If you or your company are interested in contributing to the nonprofit prize pool this year, please reach out to email@example.com.
Some of our partners are involved in a few other events below:
- Monday, September 14th from 11:00-12 noon MT – Innovation Author Showcase: The Art of Writing a Book (Brad Feld, Arlan Hamilton, Eliot Peper, Jerry Colonna)
- Tuesday, September 15th from 11:00-12 noon MT – Innovation Author Showcase: ‘The Startup Community Way’ with Brad Feld
- Tuesday, September 15th from 1:00-2:00pm MT – Startup Communities, Complex Systems, Wicked Problems, and the Entrepreneur’s Journey
- Tuesday, September 15th from 5:30pm-6:30pm MT – COVIDTECH: Colorado’s COVID Response
- Wednesday, September 16th from 3:45 – 5:15pm MT – Energize Colorado – Helping Prepare Small Businesses for the New Economy
- Friday, September 18th from 10:00-11:00am MT – Mental Health Fireside with Brad Feld and Dave Morin
According to the DSW site, “Denver Startup Week is a celebration of everything entrepreneurial in Denver and the largest free event of its kind. In 2018, the seventh annual event brought over 16,000 people together at 417 programs and events to celebrate Denver’s thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem and build the center city’s culture of innovation.”.
With Denver Startup Week 2020 being 100% virtual, attendees from all over will be able to attend all sessions from the comfort of their homes and hope you’ll consider joining. You can view the full schedule here.